Senior Database Administrator (SQL)Apply Equal Opportunity Employer
Our database environment is primarily Microsoft SQL Server. As a Senior Database Administration in our Toledo headquarters, you will work as part of a team to support and advance our database infrastructure. In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
The Senior Database Administrator’s primary responsibilities include:
- Provide day-to-day technical support including monitoring, software installation and patching, troubleshooting, script execution, code deployment, security administration, backup/recovery, and performance tuning in the database environments.
- Design and execute projects that improve the database infrastructure. Such projects strive to ensure the integrity, consistency, security and interoperability of the databases across the organization.
- Participate as part of cross-functional project teams to deliver new solutions to business users.
- Confer with and advise team members on technical problems, priorities, and methods. Interface with vendors and internal contacts to resolve issues.
- On a rotational basis, provides 24 x 7 support coverage.
- Develop and maintain documentation of all database solutions.
- Continuously works to improve personal, technical, and business skills in order to provide the best service possible.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and technical certifications.
- 5 years related experience with Microsoft SQL Server database technologies.
- Has an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the database administration field
- Solid understanding of database design and implementation in enterprise environments
- Database performance monitoring, analysis, and tuning experience
- Hands on experience writing, reviewing, and tuning SQL
- Familiar with Disaster Recovery concepts and high available implementations
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and the Microsoft BI components
- Familiarity with HIPPA, PCI, SOX, and Hi-Tech compliance
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate with technical peers and business users
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical and intellectual curiosity
Nov. 17, 2017
- Nurse Manager - LPN or RN (Resident Services Coordinator) Monroeville, Pennsylvania
- Maintenance Technician Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- Food Service Assistant Monroeville, Pennsylvania
- Executive Director - Avon, CT Avon, Connecticut
From caring for diseases and disorders, to providing support to patients and their loved ones, our employees play a very special role in the lives of others. Here are some of their remarkable stories.
Who We Are
HCR ManorCare is a leading provider of short-term, post-hospital services and long-term care. With a network of nearly 500 skilled nursing and rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, outpatient rehabilitation, hospice and home health care locations, we deliver patient-centered care throughout the United States.
Skilled nursing centers offering quality clinical and rehabilitation services to patients with complex needs.
Holistic home health, hospice and I.V. services for patients and their families in the comfort of their home.
Memory care communities with tailored care and programming designed for the unique needs of individuals living with Alzheimer’s or related dementias.
Every team member makes a difference at HCR ManorCare. Click the below care specialty that you are passionate about.