Director, Benefits Design
Purpose of Position and Scope of Responsibility: This position is responsible for the design of all health and welfare benefits for employees throughout ProMedica Health System. The position works in coordination with other HR employees to ensure appropriate processing and administration of all benefits programs. The position analyzes benefits programs, proposes potential additions or modifications to those programs to enhance the employee experience, drive expense savings, or both, and implements proposed changes. The position provides accurate information, using periodic and ad-hoc reporting, in a timely manner. Work is performed in accordance with established standards and procedures. Successful performance requires independent judgment and action under general supervision.
- Designs health and welfare benefits programs for all employees.
- Balances the costs of benefits programs with the need and desire to offer competitive benefits programs as part of a total rewards package intended to attract and retain employees.
- Uses the scale of the System to make financially savvy decisions that are in the best interests of employees and the business.
- Supports the development of marketing plans that explain benefits programs to all stakeholders, including employees and potential employees.
- Coordinates vendors that provide health and welfare benefits services. Manages vendor selection and vendor relationships, including the sourcing and vetting of potential vendors.
- Leads the team that reconciles payroll files and prepares and submits files to vendors.
- Supports the enrollment of eligible employees in all benefits programs
- Ensures the effective operation of benefits programs, including, as necessary, troubleshooting functionality concerns arising from software systems such as enrollment, payroll and HRIS.
- Manages all voluntary benefits programs, including benefits program design and implementation.
- Assures program compliance with all policy documents and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provides all required data to auditors, actuaries and consultants.
- Manages and oversees audits of all benefits. Assists in the preparation and filling of all required tax documents.
- Develops and prepares periodic and ad-hoc reports as needed for departments and senior management.
- Manages and supervises the work of employees with regard to ProMedica’s benefit programs.
- Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
- Maintains positive working relationships.
- Effectively makes decisions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communications.
- Respects rights of others.
- Demonstrates initiative and accepts accountability with work related issues.
- Utilizes available time effectively.
- Coaches and facilitates the growth and development of employees within the department.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources or finance with proven results designing and implementing benefit plans. Must have 2+ years of increasing leadership responsibility, building and developing teams. Knowledge of total rewards strategies, communications, benefits compliance concerns and HRIS software is required. Health care experience is preferred.
Registration, certification, or license requirements: None.
Desired Qualifications: Professional in Human Resources Certification desired.
Environmental Conditions: No exposure to infectious and hazardous materials.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Human ResourcesAd Feed
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.