Centralized Intake Director
HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
The Centralized Intake Director is Responsible for managing referrals from key hospitals and other care settings (sites to be determined as part of the divisional market strategy) and ensuring a smooth transition of care for patients discharging from a care setting to our centers. Additionally, the Centralized Intake Director will develop strong relationships with the key referral hospital personnel and identify new opportunities for partnering and growth. The goal is to grow year over year inquiries converted to admissions.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the regional centers products and services, Clinical Skills Inventory, and physician relations
- Develops referring relationships to utilize and understand the benefits of centralized intake with hospitals’ social services and discharge planning departments, physicians, case managers, insurance companies and other referral sources
- Partners with other sales team members to develop and maintain referral source relationships.
- Demonstrates growth in hospital referrals and admissions, as reflected in an increase of assigned center’s inquiries and admissions
- Assists with outside sales presentations about the benefits of centralized intake
- Responsible for phone sales to perspective, current, and previous patients
- Schedules coverage of the intake phones and process 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week
- Provides training and mentoring to Central Intake Referral Managers, if applicable
- Attends scheduled in-service programs, staff meetings and other center meetings and sits on required committees, if applicable
- Addresses customer service issues with family and referral sources
- Maintains all operational systems as indicated by management
- Participates in budget planning and supplies reports to Administrator and Manager of Market Development
- Participates in the recruitment, hiring and retention of Central Intake staff, as directed by the Manager of Market Development
In return for your expertise, you’ll enjoy excellent training and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
Bachelors' degree preferred. Considerable experience in a comparable position will be considered in lieu of degree.
Two years of experience with sales and marketing knowledge, required; Strong medical assessment skills; Prior experience with an insurance company, private case management company, or HMO, preferred. Familiarity with long term care and/or subacute care, useful. Strong oral and written communications skills.
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.