HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
Heartland Hospice Services of Plantation Florida has immediate needs for Hospice Volunteers. Hospice Volunteer-Non-Paid Job
Looking for more out of life Become a Hospice Volunteer: You can:
Throw birthday parties for patients * Help in the office * Read or write letters with patients * Knit a blanket * Bring a gentle pet *Play music * Bake cookies * Reminisce
Call Heartland Hospice Today & Enrich Your Life.
Volunteers provide unreimbursed services to the agency and/or hospice clients and their families. Provides client care and/or support services such as psychosocial and spiritual support. - Completes the hospice volunteer orientation sessions. - Completes assignments which may include activities to meet client and family needs, inclient visits, bereavement follow-up, office and clerical duties, community education and public speaking. May include activities such as on-site companionship, respite care, letter writing, homemaking chores, errands.
High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs of client care.
- Available for training, assignment, and continuing education.
- Bereavement and direct client care volunteer must be 18 years or older.
- Office clerical volunteer must be 16 years of age or older.
- Personal qualities of a positive approach to life, flexibility, empathy, maturity, a good sense of humor, willingness to help others and ability to work as a team member. Sound judgment regarding death & dying.
- Ability to develop & maintain rapport with client & family.
Nursing OtherAd Feed
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.