Hospice Volunteer- NON paid volunteer
HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
Heartland Hospice Services of Newark Delaware is seeking compassionate and caring volunteers.
Responsible to the Volunteer Coordinator to provide unreimbursed services to the agency and/or hospice clients and their families. Provides client care and/or support services such as psychosocial and spiritual support. - Completes the hospice volunteer orientation sessions. - Completes assignments which may include activities to meet client and family needs, inclient visits, bereavement follow-up, office and clerical duties, community education and public speaking. May include activities such as on-site companionship, respite care, letter writing, homemaking chores, errands. In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare
High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs of client care.
- Available for training, assignment, and continuing education.
- Bereavement and direct client care volunteer must be 18 years or older.
- Office clerical volunteer must be 16 years of age or older.
- Personal qualities of a positive approach to life, flexibility, empathy, maturity, a good sense of humor, willingness to help others and ability to work as a team member. Sound judgment regarding death & dying.
- Ability to develop & maintain rapport with client & family.
Nursing OtherAd Feed
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.