Hospital - Nurse Liaison
HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy. Responsible for managing leads in primary referring hospitals and ensuring a smooth discharge process for patients transitioning from a hospital setting to our centers. Additionally, the Hospital/Nurse Liaison will:
- Follow patient from hospital to skilled nursing location and documents final disposition or reason for not admitting, case load includes patients discharged from HCR centers back to the hospital
- Complete daily rounds in designated hospitals, responds electronically to e-discharge referrals
- Obtain new high acuity inquiries and assesses special patients to evaluate care needs prior to admission, and directs to appropriate center
- Evaluate inquiries, makes the decision and communicates information to case manager, admissions coordinator, and facilitates patient’s smooth transition into center
- Obtain accurate information from physicians, patients, and referral sources regarding the expected discharge plan, and communicates this information to the interdisciplinary team
- Develop relationships with hospital social workers, physicians, hospital discharge planners and administrators, clergy, attorneys, civic/professional organizations, home health agencies, families, etc. to understand the need for program services and to communicate services offered which meet these needs
- Demonstrate growth in quality hospital referrals and admissions, as reflected in an increase in inquiries and admissions from assigned hospitals to HCR centers
In return for your expertise, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
Sales and Medical training, LPN or RN preferred.
Two years of experience with sales and marketing knowledge, required; strong medical assessment skills; prior experience with an insurance company, private case management company, or HMO preferred. Familiarity with long term care and/or subacute care useful, in addition to, experience with the referral and admissions process. Strong oral and written communications skills.
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.