Occupational Therapist / OT - PRN
As an Occupational Therapist, you know that your strength is not just quality of care, but also your quality of caring — and that’s why you belong at HCR ManorCare. Here, your patients will count on you to help them adjust to an injury or illness, improve their ability to perform daily activities and regain skills to live a healthier life. Your personalized and comprehensive treatment plans of exercises, along with your empathy and compassion, will help patients achieve a new measure of independence. In return for bringing your expertise to HCR ManorCare, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits, and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow.
If you’re ready to have a health care career in which you can build long-lasting relationships and find professional and intellectual fulfillment, then we’re excited to work with you.
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: Only for Home Health and
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Who is the ideal HCR ManorCare employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Motivational 10
- Adaptable 9
- Proactive 9
- Communicator 9
- Compassionate 9
- Problem Solver 8
Enthusiastic, Flexible, Good Listener, Helpful, Inventive, Patient, Responsible, Sincere, Trustworthy, Understanding
ManorCare and Heartland offers you:
Work with people who
inspire you to do your best.
Build a work-life balance that
works for you.
Innovative Training Programs
Opportunities to advance your skills and knowledge. Free online CEU Program for full-time/part-time employees.
More than a job, this is a
Paid Time Off
Time off for when you
need it most.
Comprehensive Health Coverage
Stay well as you care
Retirement & Savings Plan
Prepare for your future while
growing in the present.
Occupational Therapist / OT - PRN
HCR ManorCare, the leading provider of short-term post-hospital services and long-term care, is seeking a passionate and driven Occupational Therapist. If you are passionate about a challenging and rewarding career assisting our patients in a time of need, then we are looking for YOU!
Our Occupational Therapists - OT are the cornerstone to HCR ManorCare's dedication to mission. Working in the health care environment can be very demanding, and it is our goal to provide the tools to help you understand and commit to the philosophy that defines our culture. We are interested to employ an OT who is as passionate as we are about ensuring that our patients and residents receive the support services they need and deserve.
As a team member at HCR ManorCare your duties may include, but will not be limited to:
- Plan and administer prescribed occupational therapy treatment program for patients to facilitate rehabilitation following illness, disease, or injury.
- Take patient medical history.
- Discuss special equipment, such as wheelchairs and eating aids, and instruct patients on how to use that equipment
- Sit and evaluate a patient s home or workplace and, based on the patient s health needs, identify potential improvements, such as labeling kitchen cabinets for an older person with poor memory
- Required to develop a treatment plan for patients, laying out the types of activities and specific goals to be accomplished
- Demonstrate exercises for example, joint stretches for arthritis relief that can help relieve pain for people with chronic conditions
- Your main duties will be to observe patients doing tasks and ask them questions.
- Currently licensed or registered as an occupational therapist by the state in which practicing, unless that State does not license occupational therapists or otherwise regulate the practice of occupational therapy. Is eligible to take or has successfully completed the NBCOT entry-level certification examination for occupational therapists.
- Prior experience in Occupational Therapy/OT preferred, but not necessary.
Job Specific Details: Rehab Optima Experience / Saturday & Sunday Coverage and Occasional Weekday Availability
Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy or a foreign degree equivalent as accepted by US Citizenship and Immigration Services or a Bachelor's Degree or foreign degree equivalent plus 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience.
Posting IDAd Feed
HCR ManorCare is a leading provider of short-term, post-hospital services.
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.