Hospice Volunteer-Hospice Services (Non-Paid position) Job
Date: Feb 11, 2014
Location: Dayton, OH, 45439, US
|About the Organization:||EEO/Drug-Free Employer|
|Description:||HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy. |
Heartland Hospice Services of Dayton Ohio has immediate needs for Hospice Volunteers.
Responsible to the Volunteer Coordinator to provide unreimbursed services to the agency and/or hospice clients and their families. Provides client care and/or support services such as psychosocial and spiritual support. - Completes the hospice volunteer orientation sessions. - Completes assignments which may include activities to meet client and family needs, inclient visits, bereavement follow-up, office and clerical duties, community education and public speaking. May include activities such as on-site companionship, respite care, letter writing, homemaking chores, errands. In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
|Educational Requirements:||High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.|
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs of client care.
- Available for training, assignment, and continuing education.
- Bereavement and direct client care volunteer must be 18 years or older.
- Office clerical volunteer must be 16 years of age or older.
- Personal qualities of a positive approach to life, flexibility, empathy, maturity, a good sense of humor, willingness to help others and ability to work as a team member. Sound judgment regarding death & dying.
- Ability to develop & maintain rapport with client & family.
Job Specific Details:
Vigil Volunteers needed for all of our 9 counties -
Montgomery, Greene, Darke, Preble, Miami, Champaign, Clark, Burtler and Warren Our Goal is that "No one Die Alone ".....
|Location:||4633 - Heartland Hospice Services, Dayton, Ohio|
|Category:||Nursing - Other|
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Job Segments: Volunteer Coordinator, Rehabilitation, Medical, Palliative, Hospice, Nonprofit, Healthcare